GEAUGA COUNTY ESC STATEGIC PLAN GOALS 2018 - 2020
1. Expansion of Services
opportunities to identify and expand services to meet the diverse needs of
school districts and students.
* Collaborate with neighboring ESC governing boards in order to strengthen the future of Northeast Ohio districts and to continue to meet their needs.
* Expand student programs to meet growing special
education needs across grade levels.
Continue expansion in vocational programing in Geauga, Lake, and Cuyahoga county schools and increase community employer partnerships.
* Increase involvement in initiatives with the Ohio
Department of Education.
* Develop and market curriculum and assessment supports
Enhance communication and strengthen marketing with educators, employees, community/parents.
Ongoing communication of internal roles and
responsibilities of staff to school districts.
Consistently market current service offerings.
* Research innovative and effective communication tools/mechanisms to provide consistent and timely updates to schools and community community.
* Alignment with community agencies and partners in order
to create an effective service delivery framework.
Development and Staffing Analysis
professional development structures to enhance targeted training for high
* Leverage high quality staff for purposes of recruitment and retention in order to develop content specific specialists by providing targeted training and staff support.
* Survey districts to meet staff professional development
* Identify and offer resources to meet district needs specific to students (e.g. technology, curriculum materials, blended learning, grant writing, transportation).
* Offer targeted professional development based on
identified staff needs.
* Staff will participate in assigned district
professional development, as applicable.
Provide cost effective
services/programs to meet educational needs of students.
* Continue to improve general fund revenue and build
confidence/transparency of billing process with district input.
* Utilize the management board for input regarding
staffing and program implementation.
* Continue to meet with districts on an ongoing basis and
communicate billing program costs and rationale.
* Identify new sources of revenue through expansion of
programs and services.
* Transition to new financial software to increase
efficiency in the Treasury Department.